Solution for Hazardous Dust: Industrial Vacuums
Dust particles can become airborne at the time of several extraction and processing activities associated with producing and processing rock and mineral products. Some of these activities include:
- Loading and tipping
- Crushing, conveying and screening
Workers can be exposed to dust particles such as:
- Coal and cement dust
- Dust containing crystalline silica
- Dust containing metals like lead, nickel, arsenic and cadmium
- Chemical dusts such as bulk chemicals and pesticides
- Organic and vegetable dusts including spores, moulds and viable products
Breathing in dust can pave the way for diseases, respiratory illness, and even cancer. This generally depends on size of dust particles, composition of the dust particle and its effect on the body, how often and how long an individual breathes in the dust. Most dust clouds contain particles of different sizes and hazardous dust is not always visible.
The potential health effects of some common dusts are summarized below:
- Silica dust on construction sites, from drilling, sanding, grinding & cutting bricks and concrete.
- Lead, manganese, zinc and calcium: Systemic toxic effects that are caused by absorption into the blood.
- Certain woods, organic and inorganic chemicals: Allergic and hypersensitivity reactions.
- Chromates, asbestos, quartz: Cancer
- Coal dust: Pulmonary disease and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease such as bronchitis and emphysema.
Other critical impacts
High level of dust is a risk when inhaled, and all levels of these types of dust listed are a safety hazard. It’s no exaggeration to say that coal dust is an important cause of underground explosions. Preventing underground explosions and their catastrophic consequences must always be the topmost priority in mining operations. In addition, industries dealing with metallic dusts are susceptible to explosions.
Opt for Industrial Vacuum Cleaners as a Great Solution for Hazardous Dust
Protecting workers from health and safety hazards is of utmost importance. In this regard, the first way to guarantee safety of workers is to give suitable work attire. The second and most important solution is implementing a proactive approach that utilizes vacuum cleaners in an environment where dust is created. Industrial Huuvan vacuums are helpful for cleaning in confined areas and for the removal of hazardous dust and fumes.
They are irreplaceable tools in heavy industry to collect great quantities of dust or granular materials that escape during the working process. Based on levels of hazardous dust, the vacuum cleaners are classified into three categories of use, specified as class L, class M, and class H. Industrial spaces come in the category of class H (High Hazardous Dust). To maintain the safety measures of the risky work environment, the importance of a reliable vacuum cleaner slope up while cleaning hazardous dust.
Safety measures for an Industrial Space:
- The industrial vacuums are engineered to provide support for easy accretion and disposing of hazardous dust from industrial space.
- Machines are equipped with special features that assist cleaning terms to be quick and efficient without any risk.
- Sweeping debris by compact air method blowouts dirt and pathogens into the air and that’s very risky.
- Industrial vacuum cleaners remove debris efficiently from locations where manual cleaning is not that effective.
The wide range of Huuvan vacuum cleaners have been purposely designed and built to meet the needs of users to effectively pick up hazardous dusts and debris.
Industrial Vacuum for Fine and Toxic Dust
Fine and toxic dusts pose a huge threat to human health. It is important to prevent these dusts in order to avoid any direct contact. Industrial Huuvan vacuum cleaners are equipped with proper high efficiency filters and proper collection systems to prevent harm from these types of dust.
Crescent Industrial provides effective cleaning solutions for all viable industrial needs through a collective range of industrial vacuums available in different sizes and abilities. Click here to view the range of Industrial Huuvan Vacuum Cleaners, or contact us today to discuss your requirement.