ATEX Vacuum Cleaners
Why do I need an ATEX Vacuum Cleaner?
According to UK regulations, hazardous dust ATEX vacuum cleaners are required wherever dust, flammable chemicals, hydrocarbons, or paint spray can potentially cause an explosive atmosphere. Ensuring you use the correct explosion-proof vacuum cleaners in a specified zone is vitally important, and this is part of the Health & Safety At Work regulations that should never be ignored.
What does ATEX Stand for?
“ATEX”, an abbreviation for “ATmospheres EXplosible”, a set of directives this at are implied to mark up the security and safety of products, equipment, lighting, cameras, walkie-talkies and power tools to be used by operators in potentially explosive environments.
What Vacuum Cleaners can Crescent Provide?
Explosion-proof vacuum cleaners are a reliable cleaning solution for potentially explosive dust areas in manufacturing plants, such as starch, flour, textiles, sugar, cereals, wood dust, plastics, metal dust, paint spray, petroleum compounds or fine coal dust. You can seen one example our our industrial vacuum cleaners on the video below.
If there is a build-up to a sufficient concentration of these substances when mixed with oxygen in the air, plus any ignition source, this can cause an explosion.
Using correct apparatus like the Huuvan EX industrial vacuum cleaner shown in the above video will ensure the workforce is kept away from harm such as a fire or explosion.
Features of our explosion-proof industrial vacuum cleaners are:
- Engineered to prevent any spark or electric tension.
- Ensures maximum operators’ safety.
- Designed for use in industrial areas that are classified as a Gas Zone or Dust Zone.
- The ATEX norms trials every individual vacuum cleaner before decreeing it as tested.
- Anti-static filters, hose and accessories eliminate sparks and shocks.
- Designed to collect perilous dust and debris without any risk of explosion.
- H Class Filtration is made to filter 99.995% of the dust from the surface and collect it in a dust bag or a cyclone for safe disposal.
- Makes cleaning quick and safe, bringing less manufacturing downtime, and increased production time.
- Cleaner filters increase airflow to the vacuum motors to extend the life of the motors and reduce costs of ownership.
- Compact, transportable and robust machines.
If you are looking for a reliable solution, to create a safe and clean working environment when potential hazards are in the area, then please contact one of our team to hire an ATEX vacuum cleaner today or to discuss your requirements.